Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Skate Weekend

I think pretty much everyone in the US gets excited about "fall back" come November.   Sure, we all grumble about the sun setting around 4 pm, but no one can really argue against that extra hour of blissful sleep.  UNLESS you happen to have small children.  Then the end of daylight savings means pretty much business as usual, except the clock will be telling you it's an hour earlier, while your kids look like this:  

IMG_3475
Good times, I tell ya.

Despite that and a sudden rainstorm in So-Cal, we had a fantastic weekend.  Because of the wet weather, T finally got to try out the official Vans Skate Park in Orange County.  You have to be six to skate it, but shhhhh don't tell that T is only four.  He was the teeniest one in there and I suffered through many mini heart attacks as he collided with bigger guys.  I swear this skateboarding will be the end of me.  


IMG_3476

IMG_3478

IMG_3477

IMG_3490

IMG_3491

IMG_3494

IMG_3496

IMG_3495

Followed by a sushi date at our favorite neighborhood place.  I'm proud to say I ate so much I could hardly move.  What else is the weekend for?  

IMG_3472

IMG_3473

IMG_3474

1 comment:

  1. They skate so much that by their teens they'll be pro! Seriously they got skills.

    ReplyDelete