Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winter Wonderland

One of the things I love best about where I live is being able to choose fashion over practicality.  I can wear open toed shoes all winter long without worry about frost bite on my toes and forgo heavy, bulky jackets in favor of light layers.  That being said, we are headed to the Northwest for our winter holiday and I am less than prepared.  I've bought snow jackets, ski pants, wool socks, snow boots, and a giant sled for the kiddies.  But seriously--cold weather fashion for women is not so cute.  If I had a million dollars I would go with these :

1. Pendelton mittens, $54  2. Moncler Jacket, $2100  3. UGG Boots, $220

Or just buy this giant fur coat and stay inside by the fireplace sipping champagne.  But this is real life and I will most likely be dragged out into the snow, whether I am outfitted for it or not.  How do you stay warm in winter?  Is there some fashionable, affordable options I am missing?  Or am I bound to look like a marshmallow come Christmas time?

1 comment:

  1. I have a BIG Faux Fur snood I LOVVVVVEEE to wear. Its surprisingly warm and covers your face alittle cos its so damn fuffy and big. Else, thermals r your best friend cos youre warm but not totally looking Michelin man. x have fun! hope youre in top heath before you leave

    ReplyDelete